Sunday 6 April 2014

My Top 7 Funniest TV Shows

In my humble opinion...and in no particular order,

1. Inbetweeners. Every single minute of this show I am laughing. Sometimes I actually have to PAUSE the show because I'm laughing so much. My humour is very immature, graphic and on the whole quite vulgar and this fits the bill perfectly. The thing I love the most about this show is how relatable it is, it definitely speaks to the average teenager encountering all things awkward





2. Modern Family. I know everybody loves Modern Family. What really speaks to me about this show is that at the end of every episode there's always a really nice resolution to whatever conflict or situation that was going on. I think it manages to be so entertaining as well as heartwarming which is really rare in a 20 minute TV show. 





3. Frasier. I started watching Frasier at a really young age, probably when I was about 10 years old, and at the time I was very similar to Niles due to me being a complete hypochondriac. Again this is a famous classic. I love how incredibly pompous Niles and Frasier are, and how down to earth and 'regular' their Father Martin is. 






4. Golden Girls. Picture it, Sicily, 1943. Go grab some cheesecake. Basically this show stars Betty White, at her absolute best. This show received an amazingggggg 57 Emmy nominations. If that doesn't convince you, then I sure as hell cant. 
5. The Office (US Version). Honestly, I feel like I am made up of percentages of each of the characters. If that makes sense. Probably doesn't, you know like, I'm 40% Pam, 20 % Jim and 10 % Angela. I'm guessing I'm the only person that does that....BUT anyways this show is HIGHlarious. The characters are so exaggerated and I love the style in which its filmed. Thanks Ricky Gervais. 





6. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Every Friday when I was younger, this was my jam. While I had Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches. I could probably still do the Carlton dance in the privacy of my bedroom but no one should have to see that. You could argue this was the show that really showcased Will Smith's talent. One of the most famous and standout scenes is when Will's biological father comes to visit. It kind of reminds me of Modern Family and Manny and his biological father (how his father bailed when they were supposed to go to Disneyland), heres a link of the famous scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmerFuzRNZ4 




7. Ja'mie: Private School Girl. I bow down to Chris Lilley, the creator of this amazing show. This show actually scares me in the sense that it is freakishly similar to my old boarding school. Its a mockumentary style, so just like the Office, and it follows Ja'mie's last year at school. Basically you have to watch it even if its just to find out what quiche is. And on finding out what it means, to call everything you love quiche. 





Please let me know what some of your favourite comedy shows are !


2 comments:

  1. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is one of my favorites! It's one of those classics that gets better and better every time you re-watch it :)
    xoxo
    ßerry ♥ Stylish  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha The Office and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air are the best!! I also love Friends too….my favourite!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete