Sunday 9 February 2014

Review On MAC Mineralize

Let me start off by saying, it is impossible to find the right shade for my skin tone. I have a very olive complexion and live in the Caribbean for half of the year, and the other half of the year I live in the very cold, but lovely Canada. Recently, I have gotten a lot paler and was in the need for a new foundation. I had heard some lovely things about the Dior Nude and the Chanel Vitalumiere.

Firstly, the Dior Nude gave a good bit of coverage and was very matte, however I thought it was a little on the yellow side for me.
The Chanel Vitalumiere had a lovely dewy finish, but again the shade was a little too yellow.

Feeling a bit defeated I wandered into MAC, and I am very happy I did. I was persuaded to try on the MAC mineralize foundation (shade NC20). As soon as I looked in the mirror I knew it was the right one. It gives a generous amount of coverage, but what I especially love is the glow it gives off. It really is like a 'J-LO' glow...and who wouldn't want to look like her? The girl helping me added a small amount of bronzer to the top of my cheeks and it really helped to warm my skin.

When I went home I used my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (shade 004 Sandstorm) and it still looked really beautiful with a matte finish. What really did it for me was when my boyfriend said "Your skin looks perfect" - and trust me, for him to notice, it must be really amazing.

I really recommend this foundation, especially for anyone with normal/dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment