Tuesday 18 February 2014

Runway Lips

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11815265/?claim=h6kygyvtapz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2014 Spring Trends

This year the number one trend for spring would have to be bold orange lips.  During NYC fashion week (double check) almost every runway was sporting a red lip, from Rag & Bone to DKNY.  Luckily I have a few bargains to get the runway look on a budget!

If you love a sheer finish, I highly recommend Colour Sensational Colour Whisper in Orange Attitude by Maybelline for $7.46. It gives a really pretty touch of orange, which is perfect for daytime and easy to apply but it is also buildable if you want a bit of a bolder look and is quite moisturizing!

For the matte lovers, I suggest Sephora’s Colour Lip Last in 16 Orange Rocks for $13. I found this lipstick was highly pigmented and had a lovely matte finish, but it did dry out my lips a little bit which was a bit annoying.

Glossy girls, listen up. This is probably my personal favorite, and it is the Maybelline Elixir in Mandarin Rapture for $10.99. This lipgloss is extremely pigmented, has a lovely applicator, and provides a gloss that is obvious but not too sticky (which I hate because my hair always ends up on my mouth and I look like an idiot). Below is a picture of a swatch.

I have to say I LOVE this trend because surprisingly orange is a colour that suits almost every skin tone. I would recommend pairing an orange lip with very neutral or bronze eyes, nothing too over the top otherwise there would be some serious clashing going on and one might end up looking like a tangerine. 






Here is my favourite, the Elixir--> so pigmented !!

Excuse the awkward hand, love the packaging 

4 comments:

  1. I love how opaque it is! I never tried this product but I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist :)
    xoxo
    Sierra Calah ♥ Berry Stylish  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely, I love it! also loved your post on pisces, it was such a good unique read :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Maybelline Color Elixrs are AMAZING!! I love the formula so much, great color choice

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete